We encourage group members to get involved with events and that includes planning or coordinating them at times. If you would lilke to be a planner/coordinator, the following steps will make it easier:
- Think of an event idea.
- Discuss your idea with the most appropriate Pathfinders leader and get their approval to promote the event.
- Plan the event and submit the information (click here for the form).
- Please do not wait until the end of the month before submitting event information for the next month; instead, event information should be submitted as soon as it is available so that everyone involved can plan accordingly.
- After you click on the Submit button at the end of the online form, a web page will be created on this site.
- In order to make the deadline for The Trailhead, events should be submitted no later than Monday night.
- A link to the web page will be sent to the appropriate leaders so that the event can be included in The Trailhead, Facebook, and Twitter (as appropriate). You will also receive a copy of that email (if an address is provided) so that you can review the page and advise changes or corrections.
- Don't forget to review the calendar entry as well (especially for multi-day events).
- If changes need to be made to the web page, please respond to the email you receive with those changes.
- You, as the event coordinator, are responsible for ensuring that the content of the web page (and, insomuch as it is possible, for The Trailhead and Facebook event pages as well) is accurate, complete, and up to date.
- If anything with the event changes, let the Webmaster know ASAP so that the Communications channels can all be updated with the same information.
- In-class announcements are typically restricted to the two Sundays prior to an event (even though they may be promoted through other channels for a much longer period). Please be in class no later than 9am on any Sunday morning for which you are planning to make an announcement.
- Flyers have no time limit. Feel free to create and bring a copy to class. A black and white copier is available on the 3rd floor of Faith Hall and can be used to make as many copies as is needed for our group (but you need to bring the original). If you would like color copies, you will need to make your own arrangements. Also, the copy machine is limited to standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper. If you would like another size, you will need to bring scissors.
- Flyers can be included on the web page as well. To do that, email a copy of the flyer (most standard document types are acceptable) to the Webmaster.
- If you have any questions or concerns at any point in the planning process, please contact the leader who approved the event for assistance.