Contributed By: Anonymous
We started using Pastor Vince Manna’s
accountability questions about 3 months ago. If you have missed Part 1 and Part 2, please go back and check those out first.
The more I look at these questions, the more immature I realize I am! Yikes! The last set of verses and questions were
really tough. These, bring it to a
higher level. I’m wordy and nosey and
unnecessarily so. I’m sarcastic. I’m opinionated… Do I have to go on?
So again, you are invited to take out
a pen and paper and write down verses and issues that hit home. Please, do me a favor, don’t just peruse this
blog as just another blog. It’s
not. It’s God’s word and His thoughts on
our tongue. If you have an accountability group, maybe some of these questions and verses can be incorporated into your time with the people you are growing with.
Personal Reflections on Sins of
Questions for Reflection on Sins of
- Do you ever speak slang words that
are crude and inappropriate?
- Do you use God's name in any way
other than worship, honor and praise?
- Have you engaged in off-color
jokes or conversation?
- Has the filthiness of our society
crept into your speech?
- Do you ever lie?
- Do you exaggerate to make
yourself look better?
- Are you guilty of
any form of cheating?
- Do you mislead people or
- Are you careful to
follow through with promises, vows and commitments you make to God and
- Is your word your
bond or are you somewhat unreliable?
- Do you frequently fall short in things
you said you would do?
- If so,this reveals an integrity
problem. God hates lying and inconsistency. Fully confess and
renounce any patterns of untruthfulness or unreliability.
- Do you often gripe and complain
about situations in your life?
- Do you fail to give thanks in all
things and at all times?
- Are you filled with an attitude of
gratefulness and praise or grumbling and complaining?
- Do you make excuses for your
grumbling by saying, "I have good reason to complain?"
- Are you always looking on the dark
sides of things?
- Do you trust God for supernatural
joy or do you give in to murmuring and complaining?
- If you will praise Him, God promises to give
supernatural joy in spite of difficult
circumstances. Be specific about ways you need to rejoice and give thanks.
- Are you guilty of critical, angry
- Do you argue and fight with
- Do you tend to be irritable and cranky?
- Are you quick to raise your voice?
- Does your speech reflect an
underlying anger and impatience with those around you?
- Do you speak unkindly to those in
- Are you guilty of any form of
gossip or slander of others?
- Do you speak evil of people behind
- Immediately confess and forsake these
serious sins of speech.
- Are you known as a peacemaker who
strengthens church unity or are you often part of some
- Do you act like a
"self-appointed" critic and judge to set everyone else straight?
- Are you quick to talk about the
shortcomings of others?
- Do you increase the faith of your
church by a positive attitude or do you tear it down by focusing on its imperfections?
- Are you quick to divide up and
"take sides"? Do you tend to be a part of church cliques?
- Are you known as a complainer and
one who is easily upset?
- Have you been critical and
condemning of those with different tastes in music and
- Have you been critical or
slanderous of Christian leaders?
- Do you fail to respect and honor
those called to lead the church?
- Do you undermine their authority?
- Do you tend to "pick them
apart" rather than give consistent encouragement and prayer
- Are there leaders or other
believers with whom you've parted on angry terms?
- Do you tend to slander or mock
other denominational groups, ministries or leaders who
may not agree with you on every point?